Oregon Employment and Training Association Presents
Legal and Ethical
Thursday April 6th: 9:00am-4:15pm
Clackamas Community College Gregory Forum
Registration 8:00 am
Training 9:00 am – 4:15pm
ETHICS CRC: requested 6
CEU’s: requested CWDP’s: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9
Get your annual legal and ethical CE training in a dynamic, entertaining game show format! This program is designed to test your legal and ethical knowledge while having lots of fun! Management of some of the most perplexing legal and ethical quandaries will be explored. Topics include child abuse, confidentiality, dual relations, suicide, duty to warn, elder abuse, HIPAA, and more. The material is applicable to all disciplines, practices, and states. For more information please visit: www.cliftonmitchell.com.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain legal and ethical requirements surrounding informed consent.
- Explain numerous situations when confidentiality should and should not be broken.
- Explain specific instances when duty to warn is mandated and the complications presented by specific codes and laws.
- Explain the pitfalls and complexities posed by dual relationships.
- Explain what constitutes elders abuse and professionals duties regarding reporting.
Clifton Mitchell Ph.D., is an international clinical trainer and keynote speaker who has a love for teaching and over 23 years of training experience. He has taught and written on legal and ethical issues for over 17 years. He has trained thousands of mental health professionals in the management of difficult, perplexing legal and ethical issues and is now introducing his latest training in an exciting, dynamic game show format. Dr. Mitchell is currently a professor Emeritus at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee where he received the Teacher of the Year award in 2002
9:00-10:30 Training (1.5)
10:45-12:15 Training (1.5)
1:00-2:30 Training (1.5)
2:45-4:15 Training (1.5)
Opportunities to Enhance, Train, and Acknowledge